All colored text below, is click-able

Monday, December 3, 2012

Meet "Gracie" - Mother Bear #12**

Portrait of a Hug...


Grace* - noun:  1.) elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion or action;  

"May the grace of your spirit dance freely within you...bringing you comfort and the joy of assurance." 

Mother Bear #12  for the Mother Bear Project While making bears this year, I decided to name them in honor of inner-qualities that strengthen and sustain the spirit.  I named this bear "Grace" - then, I was inspired me and her name became..."Gracie".   They both feel right - and light in my heart when I think of this bear as a comforting companion for a child...and yet she fully embodies the essence of "grace"...in all its wondrous glory.

*Grace,  continued...
 ~ Grace - noun:   2.) a pleasing  or attractive quality or endowment;  3.)   favor or good will;  4.) unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification; mercy, clemency or pardon;   5.) a capacity to act:  potency


P.S. ** I decided to give this bear as a baby gift, and the recipients were delighted!  I will make another for the MBP.   And guess what, the new mother almost named her daughter..."Grace"!    Ah, it was meant for her to have this bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment